08 November 2012

Traditional Peanut Cookies

Hello again reader. 
So, I've baked and even posted the recipe for Crispy Coffee Cookies and Cocoa Powder Cookies
Today, I made some Traditional Peanut Cookies and all you need is same amount of flour and peanut meal, peanut oil, sugar and finally, egg for decoration! Easy isn't it? 
Traditional Peanut Cookies.
I don't even see the need of posting the recipe, but.. I'll still do it. ;p

Traditional Peanut Cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups peanut meal 
  • 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Peanut oil
  • Egg yolk + yellow colouring for deco.

Direction

Just mix the flour, peanut meal, sugar and salt. Add in peanut oil to your liking and mix well until the dough looks like the dough shown in the picture.










The traditional way of making these cookies is by rolling them it into small balls, pressing in the middle using your finger and placing one drop of egg yolk in the middle. You can even use a cookie cutter like what I did to mine. Easy isn't it? Do comment if you're planning to do these. Best of luck. :D










2 comments:

  1. I tried this! Awesome one
    I love it ~ this is the first cookie I tried for this year diwali. Getting a compliment from my bf is something remarkable and expected.
    Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyy Sonia. Glad you loved it! It's my mom's recipe actually. You can even try the 2 other cookies. They're very easy too. Oh, and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete